The Managing Executive (ME) will oversee the design, enhancement, implementation, reporting and oversight of the operating unit’s financials, operations, human resources and sales. Reporting to the Group CEO and working as a key member of the Group’s Management team, the ME will take a leadership role in building, implementing and overseeing all of the unit’s systems, processes, workflows and procedures. The ME will also play a critical role in helping to shape and guide the future growth and development of the unit. The ME will develop, refine and implement operations strategy including aspects such as sales and marketing, product / solution design and delivery, quality management, client engagement and communications, recruitment and selection. She / He will be responsible for the management of the overall quality and efficiency of the unit’s overall operations. She / He will ensure that the business delivers an outstanding service that is client focused and efficient at all times.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Be accountable for the co-creation and implementation of the operational unit’s business plan, resourcing thereof as well as the continued management of performance against the agreed plan.
- Leverage the advantages of bringing together the operational expertise across the Group and within the division and drive through more efficient ways of working.
- Ensure strategic objective shaped at Executive level are translated into tactical business plans with mechanisms for key measurements in place to monitor progress.
- Ensure that business performance occurs in line with the mandate set by the Executive.
- Co-ordinate the efforts of the different operational areas under management to ensure minimal duplication of efforts, maximum efficiency and to maximise value for money.
- Re-balance resources between different areas e.g. re-allocating budgets, but within overall approved resources for the year.
- Contribute to the development of business unit strategy for the next 2 – 3 years by providing a view on potential improvements for products or services and an assessment of the existing situation and anticipated changes in the external environment.
- Manage departmental budgets including signing off of invoices and quotes within mandate. Escalate out of budget items to CEO / FD for approval.
- Analyse effectiveness of processes and systems in use and recommend corrective action or change (where necessary).
- Review performance against pre-set strategic objectives as prescribed by the Executive, discuss gaps and agree on action plans to close gaps.
- Benchmark productivity of the unit against industry standards and create measures to improve productivity.
Driving Business Direction
- To be an integral part and driver of the strategic planning, budgeting and forecasting of business requirements and decision-making process.
- Build strong relationships with key external stakeholders, government, suppliers etc. to ensure correct focus and direction for the unit.
- Ensure an effective and efficient operating model is maintained.
- Develop and facilitate planning across the ME environment.
- Accountable for driving the business model under the ME environment.
- Ensure that risk is efficiently addressed in all aspects of the business under the ME.
- Ensure that a proper infrastructure (building, systems and staff complement) is maintained and developed for the position.
- Accountable for planning and opening of new branches (outlets) in terms of expansion of the business and business plans.
People Management / Leadership
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders and peers to ensure business growth, efficiency and innovation.
- Provide clear directions on strategic goals, translating and prioritising them into business and performance measures.
- Lead, inspire and coach a team of high calibre professionals, creating succession to key roles and enhancing divisional management capability.
- Monitor the strict adherence to governance and setting high standards of professionalism across the functions.
- Ensure that effective workforce plan and recruitment plans are aligned to business growth and development objectives.
- Review Performance Improvement reports (projects and people) to determine effectiveness of interventions.
- Has leadership and management abilities to oversee the division.
- Possesses a passion to help team members and clients.
- Able to see the big picture and plan out details.
- Direct communications.
- Detail-orientated, goal-orientated, task driven.
- Strong process and planning orientation.
- Enjoys being part of the team.
- Designs efficient systems, seeks productivity.
- Balances team’s needs with goals of business.
- Ability to delegate to the right team members.
Educational and Experience Requirements and Preferences
- A minimum of 10-years business management experience across a range of business disciplines.
- Should have a Degree from any recognised University / Institute and possesses requisite experience in HR frameworks, financial management, sales, marketing and operations.
- Financial reporting capabilities including budgeting and cash flow management.
- Strong human capital management knowledge.
- In-depth knowledge of the HR, Training and Development, Consulting environments, including but not limited to legislation, current trends, local and international best-practice.
- Proven track record in negotiating and closing large scale, high value projects and solutions.
Remuneration: Commensurate with the position – to be discussed
Reply to: firstname.lastname@example.org